Thanks to the demand for Las Vegas Rental Property, you decided to buy another rental, but then there’s a problem.
After advertising your rental on and offline you haven’t received any applications from prospective renters yet and you’re starting to wonder if there’s something about your property that’s potentially scaring renters away.
In today’s post we will help you to look at your Rental Property with a fresh perspective. As experts, GWM sees hundreds of homes every month on the rental market, so you can see right away if there are one or more areas of your property that are scaring away potential renters or not.
Bad Curb Appeal
Traditionally one of the first areas with any property that can scare potential tenants away is bad curb appeal.
If the landscape surrounding your rental property in Las Vegas has overgrown bushes, shrubs, trees or grass, and there is trash strewn around the yard, then prospects aren’t going to bother to stop the car.
One suggestion is to desert scape the front yard with a few arid plants for a touch of the oasis feel. Have a gardener come by once a week for a mow and blow at least till the home is rented. If this takes a month, you won’t pay more than $100 for a nice clean exterior.
Make sure the house numbers and trim are freshly painted and all the exterior lights function. Wipe away cobb webs near the entrance to make it inviting.
The Inside of Your Rental Needs Some Sprucing
After enhancing and improving the curb appeal for your Las Vegas Rental property the next step is to improve the inside of your rental by doing the following:
- Paint interior walls – two tone paint has gotten the best feedback:
- colors like tan, Navajo white, or greys for walls with swiss coffee color for ceilings and baseboards and trim
- Whenever possible steer clear of flat paint…it gets dirty quickly, go with an eggshell or satin
- Professionally Clean carpets and floors.
- Caulk bathrooms, showers, sinks…it makes them look cleaner
- When possible Remove and replace dated fixtures (stove, dishwasher). Stainless steel, is the best followed by all black or all white depending on your cabinet and countertop colors.
- Add Deodorizes (plugin’s when possible) to upstairs and downstairs. A sweet breeze versus a musty smell is important.
There is no need to completely remodel you’re the home, although you may get that itch. Its all about light and bright and clean. Prospects will come if your home shows that it is cared for.
Get Professional Las Vegas Rental Property Management
To learn more about things you can do to increase the value of your Las Vegas Rental Property, or to learn more about the property management services we can offer you, contact GoldenWest Management today by calling us at 702-685-7696 or click here to connect with us through our website.